Hebrews 7:25 encourages me, especially on days when I’m frustrated, discouraged, or doubt-filled. It says, “Therefore he (Jesus) is able once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.”
Why does this verse encourage me? Because it assures me that Jesus is praying for moi! How sweet is that? How powerful is that?
My hunch is that Jesus prays a lot more than, “God, please bless Grace today.” If I could hear Him pray on my behalf, I might hear requests such as…
- “Please grant her a hunger and thirst for righteousness.”
- “Please cause her to seek for wisdom as for hidden treasures.”
- “Please cause her to love You with all her heart, soul, mind and strength.”
- “Please enable her to love mercy, do justly, and walk humbly with You, her God.”
- “When she feels anxious, remind her that You are her Shepherd and will provide everything she needs.”
In all honesty, until now I’ve never really thought about what Jesus prays for me day in and day out. I’ve found this an enlightening exercise. Exciting, too. Think about it—with Jesus interceding on my behalf, I have no reason to fear or fail or flounder. He’s pullin’ for me. What more do I need to face life with hope?
If you’ve come to God through Jesus, then He’s praying for you, too. What do you think He’s asking on your behalf? Complete this sentence: I think Jesus is asking that I will ______________________.
Photo courtesy: www.freedigitalphotos.net