As 2011 comes to a close, I’m drawn to the Lord’s declaration: “I am the Alpha and the Omega—the Beginning and the End” (Revelation 21:6).
The year began nearly 365 days ago, and God was there from the start. He walked with me every moment of every day. He smiled with delight as I rejoiced in personal highlights such as…
- celebrating 29 years of marriage in February
- a week-long family vacation in August
- seeing my youngest grandson take his first steps
- five weeks of effective summer ministry in Eastern Europe
- learning that 10-Minute Time Outs for Busy Women will be re-released in February as Peaceful Moments to Begin Your Day: Devotions for Busy Women
- the release of Moving from Fear to Freedom: A Woman-to-Woman Conversation DVD and Bible study
- making the commitment to host the Made for This: Create an Uncommon Life in a Sometimes Crazy World weekend getaway for business women, and then watching the details come together
- attending the Mt. Hermon Christian writers conference in April
- emceeing the Write! Canada awards gala in Toronto
- meeting Dr. J.I. Packer in his home in December
He was also there when I faced disappointments and challenges such as…
- the death of my childhood best friend in June
- watching many loved ones suffer with cancer
- experiencing an increase in arthritic pain and foot problems which make walking difficult
- watching my grown kids experience hard times and not being able to “fix” the problem
- receiving rejections on my writing projects
- learning that 10-Minute Time Outs for Moms will soon be out of print (thankfully I’ll receive full rights back so I can make it available in print and in ebook format)
God—the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End—held my hand from the beginning of 2011 to its end. As 2012 dawns, He promises to do it again. I have no idea what the future holds, but of one thing I’m sure: God’s presence will be there from the start until the finish, and every moment in between. That thought brings me peace and a sense of anticipation as I wonder what’s coming ’round the corner.
What were some highlights from your 2011? What were some challenges you faced? How does the knowledge that God’s presence is with you make you feel as you face the unknown future?
Photo courtesy: FreeDigitalPhotos.net