I realize this post’s title doesn’t do justice to my heavenly Father. In reality, it should probably read, “Infinite Reasons to Trust God.” Heaven knows the list is endless. Our time to read, however, is not. Therein lies the only reason for a mere five.
Jesus’ words—“Don’t let your hearts be troubled,” remind us that we have control over worry and fear’s role in our lives. We can choose to let them run rampant and then bear their negative consequences. Or we can choose to trust in God and walk in confidence instead.
Personally, I choose the latter. I’d much rather trust and experience peace than struggle with fear, sleeplessness, negativity, and a knotted stomach. And so, here are five reasons for why I choose to trust the Lord:
- God promises His presence. No matter what happens in the course of a day, He is with me. I am never alone. Why, then, should I be afraid or anxious?
- God promises to give me wisdom, and lots of it. When I face circumstances that baffle me, I can ask Him for insight, and He will answer.
- God promises victory. I belong to Him, therefore He’s on my side. Who can stand against me?
- God promises to turn negative situations into something good. He specializes in transforming the bad into beauty, the sad into splendor.
- God promises joy. Sorrow may last for a night, He says, but joy comes in the morning. There’s light at the end of the tunnel. God knows what He’s doing even when I don’t understand.
How about you? What would you like to add to this list?