Do you ever experience days when your heart feels full to overflowing with gratitude to God? I hope so! Today is one of those days for me.
Here’s a list of the things for which I’m grateful:
- For the privilege of attending our annual mission staff conference in Budapest last week. This allowed me to spend time with North American and national coworkers—hearing their stories of how God is changing lives through their ministries, worshiping God together in song, washing one another’s feet, praying for their concerns, and more.
- For safety in travel, and for our suitcases arriving with us.
- For sunshine in Budapest and liquid sunshine back home.
- For losing one pound despite international travel and eating foods outside my routine. In times past, I’ve always gained weight on these trips.
- For jetlag being a non-issue upon my return (the first time ever!).
- For the privilege of speaking at my church’s women’s conference this weekend. Traveling so much makes it difficult to feel connected, so I’m thrilled at their invitation to pour into their lives and can hardly wait to see what God will do tonight and tomorrow.
- For the opportunity to connect via Facetime with my eldest daughter over lunch today.
- For a surprise phone call from my youngest daughter this morning.
- For food supply that never runs short. I’ll cook chicken and vegetable stir-fry with rice today. Imagine having so many vegetables in the fridge that I have to think about which ones to use.
- For a washing machine and dryer. When we travel in Eastern Europe, I wash clothes in the bathroom sink and dry them on a line that my hubby strings across our room—not nearly as convenient as our appliances at home.
- For the joy that comes from spending time with Jesus and inviting Him into my day. Even as I write this, the lyrics from a well-known worship song are running through my mind: “What a beautiful name it is, what a beautiful name it is, the name of Jesus Christ my King…”
- For peace that comes from knowing God rules over this crazy world. Nothing is beyond His reach—not even the Syrian crisis that escalated yesterday.
- For a reader who emailed today asking if everything was okay with Grace Fox after not receiving a blog in her inbox since March 27. (I explained that being at the missions conference required all my attention, hence, no blogs until today).
- For you—my readers. I humbly give thanks for your taking the time to read my blogs and books. On the days I wonder whether I have anything worthwhile to say, one of you emails me and shares that God has spoken through something I’ve written. What a privilege to be part of what the Holy Spirit is doing in your lives.
Now it’s your turn, my friend. For what are you grateful today?