About two months ago, changing circumstances pointed toward a shift in my ministry focus. That meant investing big bucks in training, doing homework assignments, and experiencing a straight-up learning curve. Believing this shift was God-directed, I took a leap into the big unknown. I’m not sure where or when I’ll land, but I’m okay with that so long as He’s in control. Psalm 25:1 describes how I feel right now: “O Lord, I give my life to you. I trust in you, my God.”
Moving in this new direction is keeping me on my knees. Every day I pray that God will clearly lead me one step at a time on the path He’s chosen for me. Here are several Scriptures that reassure me of His ability and desire to answer my prayer:
- Psalm 25:4 – “Show me the right path, O Lord, point out the road for me to follow.”
- Psalm 25:5 – “Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.”
- Psalm 25:8 – “The Lord is good and does what is right; he shows the proper path to those who go astray.”
- Psalm 25:9 – “He leads the humble in doing right, in teaching them his way.”
- Psalm 25:10 – “The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness all who keep his covenant and obey his demands.”
- Psalm 25:13 – “Who are those who fear the Lord? He will show them the path they should choose.”
Wow – reviewing these Scriptures as I write this only serves to affirm my confidence in the Leader. I can hardly wait to see what He’s planning for the future. I’ll keep you posted as He reveals it to me!
Perhaps you’re headed down a new path, too. Maybe you’re facing a critical, potentially life-changing, decision. Perhaps your stomach knots at the thought of making the wrong choice. If that’s the case, then here’s my word to you — don’t be afraid. When your heart is bent on honoring God rather than serving yourself, He will guide your steps.
What Scripture has been meaningful to you when traveling a new path in life?