I’m gettin’ ready to kiss 2010 goodbye. Here are some highlights it held:
- The birth of our third grandchild, Caleb Matthew.
- Watching our other grandchildren’s personalities develop and enjoying building relationships with them.
- Our youngest daughter boomeranged home to attend university.
- Our son-in-law landed a job that pays more and provides more fulfillment than the previous one. Our daughter’s online ministry to women using the natural family planning method grew.
- Our son graduated from university and found a job he enjoys.
- In partnership with Stonecroft Ministries, we produced a 7-part teaching DVD based on Moving From Fear to Freedom, to be released in the spring of 2011 with an accompanying study guide.
- Hubby and I taught parenting and marriage workshops in Poland and the Ukraine.
- Hubby and I shared the podium at one-day FamilyLife marriage conferences.
- Ministered to young adults living with HIV/AIDS in Romania.
- Ministered at an evangelistic family camp in Poland.
- Trained several dozen Canadian and American volunteers for cross-cultural evangelism.
- Enjoyed two interviews with Dennis Rainey and Bob LePine on FamilyLife Today.
- Saw God provide our financial needs through faithful donors.
- I underwent a personal stretch by taking training to launch into speaking at corporate events in 2011.
It does the heart good to look back and see God’s faithfulness. As I reflect, I see where He’s been faithful through the challenges, too…
- Cancer struck nearly 10 close friends and family members.
- Our basement flooded three times.
- My neck developed arthritic spurs and I now live in constant pain.
- Our daughter’s car was vandalized twice.
- Two book proposals were rejected.
- Hopes for a restful getaway were dashed several times by family emergencies or ministry scheduling conflicts.
All in all, 2010 was filled with blessings, challenges, and personal growth. I anticipate more of the same in 2011. The specifics are anyone’s guess, but I know the details rest in God’s hands. Proverbs 31:25 describes the attitude with which I want to approach the New Year and whatever it brings: “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.”
I pray this verse describes your outlook, too.
What were some of your highlights for 2010? How have you seen God’s faithfulness?