Today I’m taking the liberty of posting something far different from my usual devotional blog. That’s because this is a very special day: my 30th wedding anniversary.
To mark this day, I want to bless my hubby by telling the world that he’s the greatest! Here are some things I appreciate most about Gene:
- He prays with me every night before we fall asleep.
- He’s faithful to me.
- He listens to me without trying to “fix” my problems.
- He encourages me to pursue my dreams.
- He makes me laugh.
- He loves to spend time with our kids and grandkidlets.
- He never speaks unkindly about other people.
- He’s a romantic at heart.
- He strives to stay fit.
- He’s not afraid to take risks.
- He ensures that the gas tank is filled.
- He provides technological support for my computer needs.
- The list goes on…
Gene and I knew each other only six weeks before he proposed. Some onlookers shook their heads and said our relationship would never last. Statistics backed their misgivings, but reality has proven them wrong.
We’ve weathered a fair share of ups and downs in the past three decades. We’ve even argued now and again. And yet, we’ve grown stronger and closer. We’re best friends, and we look forward to deepening our relationship over the next 30 or 40 years. We’ll re-negotiate after that!
To all young marrieds, to those considering marriage, or to those who have a few years of experience, I want to say that marriage is a wonderful gift. Give selflessly. Love unconditionally. Laugh much. Date often. Adore your partner. Guard your relationship. The effort is worth it.
Musings from a happily married woman….