Welcome to “31 Days of Promises, Praises and Prayers.” I’m posting these visual spiritual encouragements from December 1 thru January 1 to celebrate the release of my new devotional Morning Moments with God: Devotions for the Busy Woman on New Year’s Day.
I can scarcely believe 2013 ends tonight. What a year it’s been! Here are some of my highlights:
* Receiving the word glory as my “one word” for the year. Through all the ups and downs, I saw God’s glory revealed in amazing ways. I’ll always remember how He showed me His strength when I had none. The Scriptures became alive and fresh again. And I experienced the joy that comes from obeying His command to count every difficulty as an opportunity for joy.
* Experiencing leg injuries that landed me in a wheelchair for three months, and then suffering with insomnia and shingles. How can these things be a highlight, you ask? Because they taught me patience, perseverance, and empathy for others in pain.
* Completing three book manuscripts and writing 80 devotions for Guideposts Books. One of those three manuscripts will release tomorrow!! Check out Morning Moments with God: Devotions for the Busy Woman. The second will release on February 1 — Tuck-Me-In Talks with Your Little Ones: Creating Happy Bedtime Memories.
* Watching God work in my youngest daughter’s life. She met David Long in February at the Christian camp where she spent most of her growing up years. They got engaged in July and married on August 17. I still can hardly believe we planned a wedding in five weeks. What a joy to see how God brought them together and is blessing their relationship.
* Becoming a grandma for the fifth time. Micah Jude was born on August 25. He’s the cutest little guy. My heart melts every time he smiles and coos for me.
* Seeing God provide financially for our overseas ministry. He’s taught us not to trust in human strategies but in Him alone.
* Having opportunities to minister to various women’s groups throughout the year, and praying with several gals as they placed their faith in Jesus Christ. What can top that?
* A couple of weekend escapes with my husband of nearly 32 years. He’s the godliest man I know. We enter 2014 facing his recent prostate cancer diagnosis.
* Receiving an email from a woman in Australia and later doing a Skype call with her. “I want to lead a Bible study using your Moving from Fear to Freedom material. Can you send it to me, please?” she asked. Absolutely! Today I received an email from a missionary in Liberia with the same request.
* Enjoying the privilege of a warm house, food on the table, a car to get me where I need to go, medical care, friends and family.
Yes, 2013 with its ups and downs will go down in history for our family. Amazing, it’s been. One of tremendous growth, and one drenched with God’s presence and promises. I can hardly wait for 2014 and all that it will brings.
What are some of your highlights for 2013?