Several questions sit at the forefront of my mind during this first week of 2019. The one weighing on me most is this, “How should I best develop my teaching materials for my trip to the Middle East in March?” I have to prepare ten sessions to help train young adults for career missions, and I need the materials to be biblically sound, culturally relevant, and interactive.
To say I feel a bit inadequate is an understatement. And so, I confess my fear to the Lord and cry, “Help! Show me what to do, please!” He answers with promises like these…
- “The LORD says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.” (Psalm 32:8)
- “Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” (Jeremiah 33:3)
- “If you need wisdom—if you want to know what God wants you to do—ask him, and he will gladly tell you.” (James 1:5)
Every time the inner angst rears its head, I recall these promises and hold them tight. My heart responds with a sigh of relief, and I feel able to move forward again.
Did you begin 2019 with a question in your mind too? Maybe yours sounds something like…
- How do I mend this broken relationship?
- Should I look for a different job?
- Should we sell our house and move to a different neighborhood?
- Is it time to downsize?
- Is this the right time to start our family?
- Should I continue in this relationship, or should I break it off?
- How can I build relationships with my neighbors?
- How can I rebuild my life after my recent loss?
No doubt this list could be endless. Whatever questions we ask, we can rest assured that God hasn’t left us to answer them on our own. He’s promised to guide, advise, and lead us. All we need to do is ask Him, and He will answer. He will.
#bgbg2 #GodGuides #InnerPeace